It is possible to edit questions to correct text and select new correct answers after the questions have been imported into Respondus.
If you have not yet obtained a license, or downloaded and installed the application, please see our Respondus page for instructions.
Step 1: Select Question to Edit
- In the "Question List Title" column at the bottom of the screen, click the link for the question you want to edit. The Properties window is displayed. In this example, we are editing question 2, Bus seat.
NOTE: The Edit Questions menu on the left displays all question types and will open an Edit screen based on the format of the selected question.
Step 2: Choose Action
You can preview or make changes to the question using the buttons on the right side of the window.
- Click Modify to edit the question. The question will be displayed in the upper portion of the Edit Questions screen.
Step 3: Edit the Question
You can now change any of the text, select a new correct answer or change the number of points the question is worth.
- In the "Point Value" text box, type a point value for the question. The default is 1. In this example, we have changed the value to 10.
Step 4: Preview the Question
Before you upload the questions into your Blackboard Vista course, you can preview how they will look to the students.
- Click Preview. The Preview Current Item dialog box is displayed.
- Click OK to close the dialog box (not illustrated). The Edit tab will be displayed.
Step 5: Save Changes
- When you are finished editing and previewing the question, click Save Changes.
Step 6: Activate the Settings Tab
- Click the Settings tab. The WebCT Settings screen is displayed.
Step 7: Select an Option
- Click the Basic & Availablity option. The Basic & Availability screen will be displayed.
Step 8: Select Quiz Settings
Set the options you want for the quiz on the Basic & Availability, Security & Submissions and the Results screens.
NOTE: Settings for Selective Release must be changed in your Blackboard Vista course.