Innovate Your Teaching Workshops
Welcome Back, Faculty!
Celebrating 25 years of commitment to teaching excellence and student success at UNC Charlotte, the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) welcomes faculty back to campus this Fall!
All faculty and instructional staff are invited to participate in start-of-the-semester workshops on high-impact and innovative teaching strategies to support student success and to prepare for the first weeks of class.
Teaching Innovation Areas for 2023-2024
Get excited! There are foundational and new faculty development topics to explore this year:
- Pedagogies on Generative AI: Student Study Skills, Writing Skills, AI Syllabus and Communication Guidelines
- Strategies for Student Success: Growth Mindset, Active Learning, Inclusive and Equitable Design
- New Canvas Tools: Canvas Studio, Canvas Analytics for Early Intervention
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Grants Program and Proposal Writing Course
Register for CTL Online Workshops
- Gain knowledge and practice with UNC Charlotte’s enterprise technologies for teaching and learning.
- Learn from expert CTL instructional designers, faculty development specialists, and academic partners.
- Meet your colleagues and share stories, experiences, challenges, solutions.
- Access flexible training formats for online or self-paced learning.
Registration is required for all participants to attend and receive professional development credit.
Click on a link below to register.
Generative AI Workshops
Student Success Strategy Workshops
Active Learning Workshops
Canvas Foundations Workshop
Canvas New Tools Workshops
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Workshops
*NEW* SoTL Grant Proposal Writing Course
Aug 28 – Sep 1, Online Course (Asynchronous with One (1) Synchronous Zoom Meeting on Aug 28 – see workshop description for details)
- Browse and register for all CTL events at http://campusevents.charlotte.edu/ctl_registration
- Download a printable schedule for August workshops
- Learn about the *new* workshop registration process
Academic Technology Essentials – Self Paced Courses
Starting with a Fresh Canvas (2 hrs)
Canvas Assignments and Gradebook (2 hrs)
Teaching with Zoom (2 hrs)
Canvas Analytics Foundations (2 hrs)
Inclusive and Equitable Design – Self Paced Courses
Universal Design for Learning (2 hrs)
Provides a foundation in important aspects of teaching and learning in higher education
Provides a foundation in in essential learning technologies available at UNC Charlotte
For questions, contact Kiran Budhrani (email@example.com), Director of Teaching and Learning Innovation