CTL faculty fellow on generative ai
The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) in the School of Professional Studies celebrates its 25th year in promoting teaching excellence and the creation of exceptional learning experiences by championing an effective and innovative teaching culture across our campus.
With the rapid evolution of Generative AI pedagogy and tools, the CTL is seeking a Faculty Fellow on Generative AI to begin service in Spring 2024.
Tenured faculty members who specialize in applying generative AI in teaching and learning, and are willing to serve in a leadership role to advance the institution's AI initiatives are invited to apply for the fellowship program.
The faculty fellow will collaborate with the Teaching and Learning Innovation team to spearhead, co-lead, or support teaching innovation with Generative AI on our campus through a variety of initiatives such as:
- Programming for the AI Institute: Engage in event programming for the 2nd AI Institute for Smarter Learning in May 2024, such as institute activities and follow up initiatives.
- Championing Use of AI Across the Curriculum: Actively champion ways for faculty to effectively use generative AI for content and projects across various academic disciplines. This could include helping create and/or participating in various kinds of faculty development programming such as campus working groups, faculty affitinity groups, peer mentoring, knowledge dissemination activities, etc.
Note: With the rapid shifts and evolution of generative AI tools, responsibilities can change depending on the specific goals and strategies of the campus or the CTL and what skills, interests, and passions the Faculty Fellow brings to the table.
Conditions of the Fellowship
- Duration of Fellowship: January 10, 2024 to May 15, 2024
- Stipend: $5000
The faculty fellow would be expected to contribute an average of approximately four to five hours per week to this campus initiative, including participation in meetings and events.
How to Apply
- Applicants who are a tenured member of the faculty are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants should carefully review the summary of responsibilities for the fellowship program.
- The review process involves an evaluation of the applicant's qualifications, interest and expertise in generative AI, availability and commitment, proposed projects or areas of contributions, and alignment with the fellowship's goals.
- Submitted applications will be reviewed by leadership, academic staff, and current teaching fellows in the School of Professional Studies.
- Selected finalists will be invited for a 30-minute interview via Zoom to share their vision and proposed initiatives for their role as faculty fellow on Generative AI. Please keep your schedule between December 7 and 8 open, in case you are called for an interview.
|Fellowship Applications Open||November 6, 2023|
|Fellowship Applications Close||November 28, 2023 at 11:59 PM|
|Selection Interviews via Zoom||December 7 and 8, 2023 (30-mins via Zoom)|
|Fellowship Begins||January 10, 2023|
|Fellowship Ends||May 15, 2023|
Please review the CTL website to become more familiar with the center's goals, mission, initiatives, and staff, specifically CTL's AI initatives on teaching and learning with generative AI.