Towards an AI-READY campus!
TEACHING INNOVATION WORKSHOPS
Faculty workshops are available for faculty and instructional staff to learn strategies on integrating Generative AI into curriculum while promoting effective and responsible use.
Registration in workshops is required for all participants to attend and receive professional development credit. View all workshops now available and open for registration.
ONLINE TEACHING GUIDES FOR FACULTY
TOOLKITS FOR THE CLASSROOM
SCHOLARSHIP OF TEACHING AND LEARNING (SOTL)
AI INSTITUTE ON SMARTER LEARNING
On May 18, 2023, over 100 faculty and administrators gathered for a full day event with the theme of "Becoming AI-Ready" to explore how AI can help us meet student success goals.
Interaction and engagement activities included:
- Plenary Presentations
- Hands-On Labs
- Generative AI Tool Demonstrations
- Practice-Based Lightining Talks
- Interactive Discussion Circles
- Theme 1: Instructional Design and Assessments
- Theme 2: Research Collaborations
- Theme 3: Ethical Considerations and Academic Integrity
- View insitute RSVP website
- View event schedule
- View session descriptions
- View plenary presentation slides
GENERATIVE AI PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE
The professional certificate entitled "Next Generation Learning with Generative AI Tools" through the School of Professional Studies well-equips educators to apply generative AI tools in their teaching practice and contribute to the next-generation learning programs and initiatives within their institution.
- Identify and evaluate the potential of generative AI tools to enhance teaching and learning experiences in their respective fields.
- Critically assess ethical and social considerations related to the use of generative AI tools in education.
- Develop pedagogical strategies for integrating generative AI tools into their teaching practice, including designing assignments and assessments.
- Collaborate with colleagues to integrate generative AI tools into institutional initiatives and programs.
- Develop a plan for implementing generative AI tools in their teaching practice
- Communicate the benefits and challenges of using generative AI tools to different audiences, including students, colleagues, and administrators.
Two cohorts were completed in June and July. Additional cohort registration will be available in Spring 2023.