- Teaching Transformation
- Active Learning Academy
- Active Learning Academy Achievements
- Steelcase Education Active Learning Center Grant 2019 - $67,000
- UNC Press Thomas W. Ross Fund Publishing Grant 2019 - $3,500
- Keith-Le, J. A. & Morgan, M. P. (Eds.) (2020). Faculty experiences in active learning: A collection of strategies for implementing active learning across disciplines. UNC Press.
- Cook, B. R., & Babon, A. (2017). Active learning through online quizzes: Better learning and less (busy) work. Journal of Geography in Higher Education. 41(1), 24-38. doi:10.1080/03098265.2016.1185772
- Jason, K., & Epplen, S. N. (2016). Interrogating ourselves in a racialized world: Using personal experience to improve students’ understanding of racism. Sociology of Race and Ethnicity 2(4), 584–590.
- Rusche, S. N., & Jason, K. (2011). You have to absorb yourself in it: Using inquiry and reflection to promote student learning and self-knowledge. Teaching Sociology 38(4), 338-353.
- Keith-Le, J. A., Preville, R., & Zuber, P. (2020, March). Leveraging people, space, and systems to ignite active learning. EDUCAUSE ELI Meeting, Bellevue, WA.
- McCullough, H., Keith-Le, J.A., & Preville, R. (2019, February). Active learning academy: Promoting student success through engagement. UNC System Student Success, Chapel Hill, NC.
- Peach, H. (2019, February). The use of adaptive learning in a large top 40 course. Second Annual Digital Learning Forum. Charlotte, NC.
- Jason, K. (2018). Addressing resistance in active learning classrooms: Student, faculty, and administrative push back. Southern Sociological Society Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA.
- Jason, K. (2018). Overcoming Racialized and Gendered Challenges in the Classroom and in Research. The 16th Annual Africana Studies Symposium, Charlotte, NC.
- Jason, K. (2017). Discussant, Panelist, and Facilitator for the Section on Teaching and Learning. American Sociological Association Preconference, Montreal, QC, Canada.
- Jason, K., Wisner, E., & Asala, K. (2017). Increasing Retention, Engagement, and Buy-in: A Case for Active Learning. UNC Charlotte, Center for Teaching and Learning’s Active Learning Expo, Charlotte, NC.
- Jason, K. (2016). Active learning classroom, revealed. UNC Charlotte, Center for Teaching and Learning’s Midday Mini-conference, Charlotte, NC.
- Wayland, C., Walker, L., & Ferrara, A. (2015). The Effects of Race and Gender on TBL Peer Evaluations. The Team Based Learning Collaborative Annual Meeting, Clearwater, FL. (Invited Presentation)
- Wayland, C., Walker, L., & Ferrara, A. (2014). Opening the Black Box: How Gender and Race Mediate Collaborative Learning in the Classroom. The Southeastern Women’s Studies Association Annual Meeting, Wilmington, NC.
- Wayland, C., Walker, L., & Ferrara, A. (2013). Gendering the Team Based Learning Classroom. The National Women’s Studies Association Meetings, Cincinnati, OH.
ALA Events and Symposia
- Hobgood, B. (2020, January 30). The Impact of Active Learning Spaces on Student Engagement. UNC Charlotte, Charlotte, NC.
- Active Learning Academy Fall Kick-Off (2019, September 16). UNC Charlotte, Charlotte, NC.
- Active Learning Academy Fall Kick-Off (2018, September 5). UNC Charlotte, Charlotte, NC.
- Merlin-Knoblich, C. (2018, November 13). Flipped Learning 101. UNC Charlotte, Charlotte, NC.
- Jason, K. (2018, March 26). Conquering the active learning experience: What should I know? How can I do better? UNC Charlotte, Charlotte, NC.
- Active Learning Academy Spring Expo (2018, May 2). UNC Charlotte, Charlotte, NC.
- Active Learning Academy Conference (2016, April 8). UNC Charlotte, Charlotte, NC.